2 Americans convicted as sex offenders barred from entering PH
TWO Americans were barred from entering the country recently for sexual-related offenses, the Bureau of Immigration said yesterday.
The BI said a Japanese was also intercepted trying to depart the country using a fake visa.
Immigration Commissioner Norman Tansingco said Jared Allen Kasper, 40, was denied entry last November 18 at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1 after he arrived on board a Philippine Airlines flight from Los Angeles, California.
Tansingco said he signed an order putting Kasper on the BI blacklist last October 25 after the bureau received a complaint from three of his female victims who accused the American of sexually abusing and exploiting them.
“The complainants alleged that there were at least 20 Filipino women who were victimized by him but only three of them filed a formal complaint,” the BI chief said.
The women, according to Tansingco, said they met Kasper via an online dating app and that he promised to marry each of them if they would sleep with him.
They also narrated that Kasper, after sleeping with them, forcibly took pictures of them in the nude, claiming he needed them as souvenirs.
Worse, Tansingco said, the complainants said some of Kasper’s victims got pregnant but were abandoned and disowned by the American.
BI records show that Kasper arrived in the country last July 21 and departed on August 3.
He returned last Saturday, unaware that he had been banned from entering the country for being an undesirable alien.
The BI’s border control and intelligence unit also intercepted an American who was blacklisted by the bureau three years ago for being a registered sex offender.
William Calloway Shaw, 68, was denied entry at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport last November 13 when he arrived aboard a Korean Airlines flight from Incheon.
Shaw was previously denied entry in 2020 based on information obtained from the US embassy that he is a convicted sex offender in the US.
In another development, the BI thwarted an attempt by a Japanese to leave the country using a fake visa.
The Japanese, identified as Yoshiaki Nakamura, 64, was about to board a Philippine Airlines flight to Osaka last November 19 but was accosted by