MANILA, Philippines — Two months after President Marcos announced the suspension of all reclamation projects in Manila Bay, fishermen witnessed a dredging vessel closely passing their boat off Cavite on Saturday night, fishers’ group Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (Pamalakaya) said.
Manila latest news
THREE cities in Metro Manila suspended classes in all levels due to heavy rains on Thursday night.
MANILA, Philippines – Amid the bustling modernity that envelopes the city of Manila, there remains a hidden treasure trove of culture and history, waiting to be uncovered.
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 4) — Controversial drag performer Pura Luka Vega was arrested by Manila Police District operatives in his home in Sta. Cruz, Manila on Wednesday afternoon.
BANKING giant HSBC is to open a service centre in the Philippines, creating 500 jobs, to handle processing activities.The office will open in the summer on the outskirts of Manila and will service HSBC group companies in the UK and the United States.English language and telecommunications skills were freely available in the Philippines, said officials.The bank has joined other UK firms opening call centres in India and has a number of sites in other countries.
Manila attack: 'English-speaking' gunman who killed 38 in casino rampage caught on camera during attack
The gunman who killed 38 people in a brutal casino rampage in the Philippines was seen on security camera footage firing his rifle in the air, setting fires and shooting at security forces.The so-called Islamic State (IS) has claimed responsibility for Friday's attack in Manila, but authorities say it was a botched robbery by a single gunman and there were no links to terrorism.After storming into the Resorts World Manila complex, he used petrol to torch gambling tables before fleeing to an adjoining hotel where he killed himself. The victims appeared to have died of smoke inhalation as they hid from the gunman, police said.At a news conference on Saturday, authorities described him as an English-speaking man in his 40s, 6ft tall and armed with an assault rifle.The taxi driver who dropped the man off at the casino said the man also spoke fluent Tagalog and appeared normal during the ride, said Manila police chief Oscar Albayalde.He said terrorism was unlikely because the gunman did not shoot anyone.«He could have shot everybody there,» Albayalde said.
Resorts World Manila attack: At least 35 choke to death after gunman storms resort and sets fire to tables
At least 35 people have died from choking on fumes after a gunman stormed a casino-hotel complex in the Philippines and set fire to gaming tables, police say.The gunman stuffed a backpack with casino chips before he fled, but was found dead in an adjacent hotel early on Friday, having apparently killed himself.The bodies were found in the smoky gambling room of the Resorts World Manila by firefighters. They died from suffocation and smoke inhalation.Metropolitan Manila police chief Oscar Albayalde said none of the bodies had gunshot wounds.The attack, which sent hundreds fleeing into the streets during the night, prompting a claim of responsibility Isis, but police said there was no evidence to support terrorism and believed robbery was the motive.«He would have shot all the people gambling there» if it had been terrorism, national police chief Ronald dela Rosa said.
Poor Ed Stourton. An email from the Radio 4 presenter’s address tells me about “the situation of things right now”.While he and his family “had a trip visiting Manila, Philippines, everything was going fine until last night when we got attacked by some unknown gunmen.